Please come to one of our friendly modelling sessions. Have a look at our map of M4H Locations to find one nearest to you. (You will need to login.) Then contact your local M4H Volunteer listed to let them know youd like to attend. This is the best way to learn the hobby and be a part of our supportive community. These sessions are free, closed to the public and are intended to be a safe and considerate place to be.
We also offer a model making forum on this page for beneficiaries and volunteers, friends of the cause to interact and share the love of the hobby. We also have social media group on Facebook called the Modellers Mess. These are private, safe places to share anything you wish. Get in touch if you would like to be considered to be a participant.
If you are unable to attend a modelling session at one of our locations you can still receive support by having kits and resources provided direct to your home. This referral scheme must be part of a wider holistic approach managed by a healthcare professional. To ensure healthy practices are adopted and to tailor an activity for your needs a referral must be sought from a professional responsible for your welfare. This can be from a wide range of avenues such as:
- General Practitioner,
- Social Prescriber,
- Key / Support Worker,
- Occupational Therapist,
- Psychiatric Nurse.
Please note that Models for Heroes Volunteers are not clinically trained mental healthcare professionals.
Thank you for your interest in providing model making resources for an individual under your care.
- In all cases, Models for Heroes provide referrals through healthcare professionals only. We do not accept self referrals.
- Models for Heroes can provide hobby resources to a beneficiaries' home if attending a modelling session is considered unsuitable.
- The individual receiving the model kits must be former or current Armed Forces or Emergency Service personnel.
- The individual must have expressed a previous interest in model making. (Without some experience this hobby can be frustrating)
- If you are a healthcare professional you can request a referral form from us. Please contact us here.
- Once you have contacted us requesting a referral we will then provide you with a unique link to begin our referral process online.
- Please be aware that Models for Heroes can only offer referrals when we have volunteers and resources available. Therefore we may pause the scheme at any time.
Thank you for your interest in hosting model making activity at your facility.
- We stock many donated supplies. These include model making tools, scale model kits and figures.
- The kits are absolutely free, including all postage and packaging costs. However we do ask for social media recognition and plenty of photos.
- Each kit has been donated by a member of the public, company or organisation from all over the world keen to assist in the well being of our beneficiaries.
- While care is taken to supply quality provisions, We cannot guarantee the suitability or the condition of the models/tools provided.
- Our volunteers are keen model makers and where possible are trained in Mental Health First Aid. - We highly recommend welcoming a volunteer to the session to provide the encouragement and knowledge to help the group succeed.
- Your facility must ensure use of the donated resources is used for persons fitting our remit.
- Risk Assesments are performed by volunteers at the first meeting to identify any issues that may need rectifying for safe activity. M4H Volunteers have Public Liability Insurance.
- Models for Heroes provide for 71 locations and is a member of Association of Ex-Service Drop-In Centres (ASDIC).
If your facility is interested in a model making activity and would like to know more, please get in contact. Once your submission has been received, a member of the M4H Team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
- If you or anyone is in immediate danger call 999
- Whatever you’re going through, The Samaritans will face it with you. They’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call 116 123
- The Veterans’ Gateway is for any ex-service personnel and their families looking for advice or support – whatever they’re dealing with. They provide the first point of contact to a network of military and non-military partner organisations to help you find exactly what you need, when you need it – whether you’re in the UK or overseas. For 24-hour support go to Veterans’ Gateway or call 0808 802 1212.